XVanlines – Moving with Excellence


What kind of insurance do I need for my move.

Every moving job comes with a default insurance mandated by the DOT. That should provide basic protection in case of damage to any regular move. This insurance is not full value. If you want to get full value protection for your household goods while in transit you should first check your renters/homeowners insurance policy as many of them protect household goods while in transit. If you have that protection you are all set and need nothing more added. If you don’t there are insurance companies that specialize in providing full value insurance for moving. It is best to purchase directly from the insurance company and not through the mover as this will only increase the price.

Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to one of our Xvanlines representatives.


Scroll to Top